Hargeisa Water Agency (HWA)
INVITATION FOR TENDER FOR CONSTRUCTION OF WATER SUPPLY AND BASIC
Invitation for Tender No.: HWA/KfW/HWSBSP/CB01/2018
INVITATION FOR TENDER FOR CONTRACTORS
Country: Republic of Somaliland
Project: Hargeisa Water Supply and Basic Sanitation Project (HWSBSP)
Project ID: BMZ No. 32642 / 2015 68 336
The Government of Somaliland through Hargeisa Water Agency /Municipality of Hargeisa/
has received a financing from KfW toward the cost of the Water Supply/Basic Sanitation,
and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for the
Construction of Hargeisa Water Supply and Basic Sanitation Project.
Hargeisa Water Agency now invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders for
- Construction of 4 Reservoirs of total storage capacity approx. 7,600.00 m3
- 4 transmission mains (DCI Pipes of DN 100 – 500) with a total length of approx. 14
km with accessories)
- 7 water distribution networks (PE pipes and associated fittings of total length
approx. 150km, each fed by its own reservoir/elevated tanks. Butt welding required
for the PE pipes).
- Construction of Water Kiosks, Pumping Houses, chlorination units, connection
- Supply of Mechanical, Electrical and Hydraulic Equipment which includes but not
limited to supply of chlorination units, bulk water meters, booster pumps, magnetic
flap level meter, pressure switch etc. More details shall be given in the later stage
of the bidding process.
- Construction of Public Toilets and Septic Tanks in Town at selected areas
- Construction of Sludge Treatment Plant on a plot size of approx. 150m x 200m
Further details on the scope of the works foreseen are provided on the GTAI
Original hard copies of the BoQ are prerequisite to take part in the tender and can be
obtained against a non-refundable payment of USD 300.00 (Three Hundred United
States Dollars) at the address provided below. The method of payment will be in Cash.
The documents to be downloaded from the webpage cannot be used to fill in prices, only
originals can be used for this purpose. The downloadable versions are intended to show
bidders about the scope of work before visiting Hargeisa.
A pre-bid meeting and site visit are planned for 25 April 2018 at 9:00 A.M. and 26 April
2018 at 8:00 A.M. respectively.
Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from the address provided
Bidding will be conducted by means of the International Competitive Bidding procedure
with qualification as specified in the KfW Guidelines for Procurement of Goods, Works and
associated Services in Financial Cooperation with Partner Countries (“KfW Guidelines”).
Applications are invited from interested Contractors, both Local and International
Contractors Registered with National Board / Construction Authority in Country of
Registration. The minimum qualification criteria to be met are as follows:
- a) Annual turnover in construction during the last five years of Euro 25,000,000.00 or
- b) Not to have a conflict of interest, i.e. applicants (including all partners of a joint
venture and all subcontractors) should not have participated as a Consultant in the
preparation of the design or technical specifications of the works that are the subject
of this tender.
- c) Not listed as sanctioned entity by either the Government of Somaliland, Germany,
the EU or the United Nations regarding fight against terrorism.
- d) All applicants to submit duly filled, signed documents with a covering letter on
Company Letterhead duly signed by the authorized / legal representative of the
- e) All Bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security.
The anticipated commencement of the works is September 2018.
An Applicant is required to Submit One (1) Original and Four (4) Copies of the tender
documents as well as one soft copy.
In the first public session, only the Qualification Documents and Technical Proposal will be
opened in the presence of the Bidders’ designated representatives. In the second public
session only the Bids (financial offers) of those Bidders who have fulfilled the qualification
criteria and whose technical proposals are substantially responsive will be opened.
Sealed Bids indicating the Invitation for Tender and Tender Description must be received
until 2nd of June 2018 at 09.00 hrs Local Time. Late Bids will be rejected.
By : Wariye Siciid Xuseen Yuusuf