SDF Funded Projects
Somaliland Development Fund (SDF) is funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), the Danish International Development Agency (DANIDA) and the Governments of Norway and Netherlands.
The first phase (SDF1) was implemented between 2013-2018. Under SDF1, five main interventions projects were completed, with total project funds of USD 13,035,050.
- Output 1: Construction of Hora Hadley well field and transmission facilities. Three proposed boreholes and one additional were completed, 6.7km of pipeline laid, and construction of a kiosks and an elevated tank at Darasalaam.
- Output 2: Construction of a small water distribution system in Ayaha 1&2 settlements .
- Output 3: Procurement of the Hargeisa Urban Water Supply Upgrading Project (HUWSUP) transmission pipes and fittings, from Geed Deeble water sources to Hargeisa Chinese reservoir (23km).
- Output 4: Detailed engineering design for the Hargeisa Water Distribution Project.
- Output 5: Construction of Geed-Deeble Well field collector Lot 1.
The second phase (SDF2) covers the period 2018 – 2023, with funds of USD 3 million. Under SDF2 three new boreholes will be drilled and a fourth drilled under SDF1 will be equipped and connected to the system supplying more water to the residences of Hargeisa.